Been in an Atlanta Accident? Maha Amircani, an Atlanta accident lawyer at Amircani Law, outlines the most important information to know.
Author: Maha Amircani, Founder, Amircani Law, LLC
Maha represents clients in state and federal court litigation as well as administrative proceedings. Her practice specializes in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, and real estate closings. Published on: July 7, 2019. Last updated on: July 18, 2019.
Amircani Law Wins $1.4 Million Verdict
Here for help with a recent accident? You may find one of these pages useful:
- Atlanta Dog Bite Lawyer
- Atlanta Brain Injury Lawyer
- Atlanta Slip and Fall Attorney
- Atlanta DUI Lawyers
- Atlanta Municipal Court
- Is Georgia a No-Fault State?
Amircani Law is different than the high-volume, quick-to-settle firms. Many of these firms are afraid of the courtroom and will take the first offer from the insurance companies.
With six major interstates, numerous heavily traveled smaller highways, and plenty of neighborhood roads, the Atlanta metro area is certainly a hub of transport. While well-developed roadway systems make taking a trip easier, Atlanta accident data shows that they also offer some very real dangers.
Even the most diligent drivers or pedestrians can fall victim to an accident. The reality is, we can not control the activities of others, and also negligence or foolhardiness is one of the leading sources of Atlanta accidents.
Car Accident Atlanta Today
According to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration(NHTSA), Atlanta roadways are among the most dangerous in the United States. In 2013, Georgia was named the seventh-worst state for deadly auto crashes. Regrettably, a lot of these Atlanta accidents might have been prevented.
Information, media reports, as well as law enforcement authorities constantly advise Atlanta motorists of the risks of speeding, distracted driving, and DUI. Think about the following data:
- In 2011, 18 percent of all deadly automobile crashes in Georgia entailed speeding
- In 2011, 23 percent (or more) of auto accidents in Georgia involved the use of cell phones
- Across the United States, drunk driving claims 27 lives every day
- In 2015, 290,000 individuals were wounded in intoxicated driving accidents and another 10,265 people were killed
In just an hour’s time, up to 70 accidents could happen on Georgia roadways as a result of the neglect of others. While it can be difficult to analyze the results of a significant accident, it is crucial for a victim to recognize that they have many legal rights as they file for settlement.
If you have been in an Atlanta accident, the Atlanta accident attorneys at Amircani Law will aid you in learning the ins and outs of filing an injury claim for the settlement you are worthy of.
Car Accident Atlanta
When you are involved in an automobile accident, the last point on your mind is hiring a lawyer to assist you. You might just have small injuries and also you may think about just calling your insurer to determine what to do next.
However, what you might not know is that the insurance provider is wishing you do just that. Without an attorney, they are hoping that you will take a lower monetary offer than you deserve.
Atlanta accident attorneys like those at Amircani Law work on various and diverse situations every day. Their experience, as well as their knowledge of the law, makes working with a lawyer following an accident a required action to obtain the justice you are worthy of.
Atlanta Accident Attorneys
A skilled accident attorney can assist you in taking care of any and all losses sustained during the accident. Additionally, an Atlanta accident attorney can help you lower the amount of documentation and trouble involved with processing the accident insurance claims. Knowing when it’s necessary to contact an attorney is vital to having a successful legal case.
Unfortunately, car accidents happen every single day throughout Atlanta. The majority of these accidents trigger minor damages and can be taken care of directly by the victim and their insurer. However, if you are involved in a vehicle crash that triggers a death, physical injury, or significant damages, it is in your best interest to consult the services of a dedicated car or truck accident attorney Atlanta.
What to Do in an Accident on 285
If you have been in an accident on I-285 or any other major interstate in Atlanta, the steps that you take immediately following the accident are crucial to winning your case and ensuring that you get the justice you deserve. Here’s what you should do immediately after you are in an auto accident:
- Safety first: If the accident is minor, relocate vehicles out of website traffic to a safe place. Change into park, shut off your car, as well as turn on the threat lights. If you have them, use cones, warning triangles, or flares for extra security.
- Get aid: Look for injuries; when in doubt, call an ambulance. Call the authorities no matter how small the accident is. A police report is vital to the claim procedure and to determine who is at fault.
- Collect the following details:
- Gather info from others involved in the crash
- Vehicle summaries (make, model, and year)
- Driver’s license numbers
- License plate numbers
- Insurance provider and policy numbers
- Eyewitnesses’ names and contact details
- Area and/or address of the accident scene
- Law enforcement agent’s name and badge number
- Take pictures of all cars included as well as the accident scene, if it is safe to do so
- Do not sign any type of document unless it’s for the authorities, your attorney, or your insurance company
- Be polite, but don’t tell anyone that the accident was your fault, even if you assume it was
- File a claim and contact an attorney: You can start the case procedure quickly at the scene and include information when things are calmer. Notify your insurance agent as soon as possible and don’t forget to consult with an Atlanta accident attorney.
Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
When you get on a motorcycle, it’s just you the roadway. That’s the appeal of the ride, yet sadly, it is also the reason why motorcycle accidents lead to a greater chance for fatality or injury. What sets motorcycle accidents apart from car accidents is that nearly 96% of motorcycle accidents lead to some kind of injury.
Motorcycle deaths represent 13 percent of all accident fatalities on the road. Trucks and cars alike are built with a growing number of safety attributes, while bikes still depend upon clothing and helmets for security from the road. Additionally, two-wheeled vehicles like motorcycles are significantly more vulnerable to losing control in dangerous conditions. Since the rider is usually thrown off the motorcycle with immense force, motorcycle accidents frequently lead to severe neck and head injuries.
Similar to an automobile accident, driver negligence or mistakes are a major root cause of accidents, but the results are a lot more unfortunate. Motorcycles are more challenging to see than are cars or trucks. Recent statistics reported that in 42% of two-vehicle fatal collisions, the other car was turning left while the motorcycle was going straight or passing. In two-vehicle collisions, 78% of involved motorcycles were struck in the front.
Still, one out of 4 motorcycle accidents have no other vehicle involved, rather, the bicyclist hits a still object or roadway obstruction. Additionally, alcohol is involved in 40% of single-vehicle motorcycle crashes.
Motorcycle accidents differ greatly from the standard accident involving a car or truck. Initially, your insurance company might treat you like you are at fault. You require a motorcycle accident lawyer Atlanta that has successfully handled numerous motorcycle accident insurance claims.
At Amircani Law, we’ll assist you in obtaining the medical assistance essential for you to recover as well as ensuring that your motorcycle is repaired or replaced.
Bus Accident Atlanta
Travelers rely upon bus operators daily, and a single mistake could take the lives of everyone aboard. Tragedies involving bus accidents devastate lives every year.
For a wide range of reasons, more Atlanta residents are choosing public transit as a preferred transportation mode. In spite of their safety features, buses, as well as public rail systems, can be susceptible to accidents. Both passengers and pedestrians can succumb to an unexpected accident.
The most recognizable distinction between buses and cars is the size of a bus. In a head-on collision, a bus 50,000-pound bus might easily total a little car, killing all passengers inside. Additionally, most buses do not have seat belts. This boosts the opportunities of being hurt in the case of an accident.
In addition to the size of the vehicles involved, bus and car accidents are different in their liabilities. In a car accident, the motorists involved are liable in the event of injury. However, when the bus is a public transportation provider, the state is responsible for injuries to passengers.
However, bus operators like Greyhound or Amtrak are required to carry a multi-million-dollar liability insurance policy. If you are injured riding a bus in their fleet, they will probably offer you a settlement at the lowest possible price point. Typically, this amount is not sufficient to cover the costs of full recuperation. This method isn’t in the best interest of victims of a bus accident. Therefore, it is important to seek advice from an attorney prior to accepting or authorizing anything from another party’s insurance provider.
If you are injured in an Atlanta bus crash, you might be qualified to seek justice for your pain and suffering. Public transportation, as well as national bus businesses, have large defense teams ready to safeguard the financial interest of their companies. They will most likely offer a low-ball negotiation. Employing a personal injury lawyer for an Atlanta accident involving a bus can make all the difference in obtaining the settlement you are entitled to.
Atlanta Automobile Accident Attorney Benefits
Car accident victims have several things to consider after an auto accident. You have to obtain details, get medical help, speak with the insurance provider, get witness details, take photos for evidence, and more.
However, following a car accident of any type, there are few things more important than working with an Atlanta accident attorney. These are just a few of the benefits of hiring an Atlanta auto accident lawyer:
- Security from the insurance company: The insurer is always keeping an eye out for their own interests, which means that they will pay out as little as possible for injuries suffered in auto accident situations. Having an Atlanta accident lawyer can assist in offering proof that maximum compensation is needed.
- Collecting proof as well as meeting deadlines: Cases of auto accidents have a statute of limitations that set the length of time a victim needs to file a claim. An Atlanta accident lawyer can help you satisfy these target dates with proper documentation and information.
- Access to sources: Lawyers can access testimony from experts, physicians, as well as other individuals who can be useful to your situation. These are sources that you may not have access to otherwise.
- Assistance in comprehending legal procedures: The legal system is complicated and there are many aspects to think about when seeking a settlement in an Atlanta accident. Therefore, you require an attorney with the expertise on the matter for a strong chance at a successful resolution.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an Atlanta accident on the road, don’t let insurance companies minimize the compensation that you deserve. Contact Amircani Law today and let a dedicated Atlanta accident attorney fight for you.